Counting to her 2nd Birthday!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Counting to his 3rd Birthday!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Something to keep him busy

I've ran across some pretty nice activity books in a bookshop (aspirasi) nearby my house. I was initially attracted by their promotion activity of story-telling at first. So I just dropped by one day and have a look.

Who knows, I spent nearly 1 hour there as there are so many books for pre-scholars! As some of you might have known, I'm working hard to reduce the dependence of my son Xiang (2y4m) on his pacifier. I was thinking of doing more activities with him so that he'll "forgot" about his paci.
Anyway, following are the books which I bought, all range from RM3 to RM6 per book.

I've started with the Shapeland Book 1 (from Pelangi). It has pages with shapes (circles, triangles, squares etc...) which can be tear off. Then these shapes need to be glued to the second page which has some pictures.

Xiang liked it very very much! We helped him though to put the glue coz he either put the glue too little or too much. My hands fulled of glue coz I wiped off the extra glue using bare hands. I need to look for a better glue type or glue stick coz he couldn't control the force when squeezing out the glue.

Tearing off the circles ...............



Applying glue ............. daddy helping .........




Paste it ................




All done!!!!!!



And this too!



The big orange circle in the flower page is done by daddy, that's why it's pasted so nicely. Others all out of lines when I just let him pasted on his own. Hope that he'll improve better in future. I'm glad that he likes it and this also acts as a tool for me to distract him from requesting for pacifier.
Noticed my gal Qi? She's so curious what was korkor doing and kept on wanting to tear the pages off the book!

No comments: