Counting to her 2nd Birthday!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Counting to his 3rd Birthday!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Poll: How's your maid / The Story

As mentioned earlier, I have sent back my Cambodia maid on end of March 2009. We (including my kids) have slowly adjusted living without one.

Many are curious that why I sent back her suddenly. We have actually been thinking of sending her back after her 1 year service. However, my little daughter was very attached to her. We've thought of saving the money as well as all the trouble of training another new maid again. I guess it was a wrong decision that time.

It will be a long list of her wrong-doings, mainly due to personal hygiene and cleanliness. My maid was very stubborn in many aspects and wouldn't listen to us. Example, she can't obey simple instructions such as bathing in the morning. She has a very strong body odour that I cannot stand. I requested the rubbish to be taken out daily especially during days I cooked, but nope, can't follow. I requested white & black cloths washed separately, but I had to throw away some of my brand-new cloths during 1st wash due to color stain (yiah, even after 1y she worked with me). I cannot understand too why she would rather waited until I was furious and scolded her, she'll only following my orders - but for longest 1 week only.

There are 2 times when I scolded her terribly:

1. When she's putting back toys in the lower cabinet, my gal crawled to her. She slammed shut the cabinet door on my gal's finger. My gal's finger was blue-black for months and that night I was crying with my gal.

2. We went to China last year December. We requested MIL to take care of our kids at our house. When we came back, Xiang's left hand & feet were full of scratches marks. The maid told us that Xiang scratched himself and when I asked my boy, he said that" 翔扒". After 1 week later, we sent him to his nanny. His nanny asked me the same thing, she told me on the 3rd day we off to China, Xiang's left hand & leg were full of marks. She doubted that are scratched by hand, but maybe due to hot water or hot object such as joss stick. I nearly sent my maid back that time but she denied it. We've no prove. My MIL said she didn't saw my maid did anything on Xiang, but she also didn't see Xiang scratched his hand & leg.

The night before we sent her back ..... I scolded her again for her wrong doings and she told us that she wanted to go back. We are fine with that and requested her to wait until we got our new maid. But, she packed her luggage, went to car porch and stood there crying. When we confronted her again, she told us that she doesn't want to go back pulak, and said she doesn't want to ever go back to her parents house again. She even said she wanted to work with us forever! What the heck! Just not more than 5 minutes ago she said she wanted to go back Cambodia. We requested her to come back inside.

Guess what, not more than 5 minutes, she went standing at the car porch again, dragging her luggage. Again we went outside and talked with her, asked her to come inside again.

Again, I heard my door opened and this finally drew the line! She told us that she wanted to leave when day time comes. We told her that once she stepped out of the gate, we'll summoned police. She told us police all sleep liao!!! She even told us that she doesn't need a place to sleep and she can live without eating when we remind her that she didn't have any money with her!!!

We dragged her in, asked her to stay inside the small bedroom, took all her luggage, locked all the doors and hide all the keys. It was almost 2am in the morning.

The next morning, she acted as if nothing happens, after woke up, she did her house-hold chores as usual. We were furious (and having bad mood coz lack of sleep) and told her that she just need to sit down and relaxed. We'll send her back straight after we sent our kids to nanny house. Guess what act she put up? She took my panadol and swallowed a handful of them when my husband were sending my kids. My husband's friend happened to be at our house and stopped her from finishing the bottle. She was crying and not wanting to go back to Cambodia. Well, who is the one who requested to go back Cambodia in the first place? Who is the one who dragged all her luggage out in the middle of the night? How do we trusted her anymore since we leaved her alone in our house in the morning?

1 comment:

jazzmint said...

wah liao..is she nuts or what? And I thought she's very good when we met her that day. Oh dear, hope she didn't torture wei xiang. Good thing that she's gone