Counting to her 2nd Birthday!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Counting to his 3rd Birthday!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 6, 2009

[Xiang 2y6m] Goodbye diaper


He had been day-diaper free at 2 years 4 months, and now at 2 years 6 months officially night-diaper free too. I was hesitate to work on his night time sonner as I can’t imagine all the necessary clean-up if he did wet the bed. It was actually Xiang who initiate it.


1st July 2009 - Xiang was throwing tantrum at night and refusd to put on his night diaper. We put plastic mats on our bed and cover it with 2 layers of bed-sheets. At 3am, when my alarm rang, I checked on him. Good, not wetting. I tried to wake up Xiang by asking him whether he needs to go to toilet, but he still sleep like a pig. At around 4am, he woke me up by requesting to go to toilet. He felt that his sleep was interupted and requested for his night diaper. I did not put it on, instead, telling him what a good boy he had been and there’s no need for him to wear it anymore. He was so sleepy that he let in easily (not the usual stubborn him!). In the morning, his father woke him up for kindergarten and he went to toilet after that.


After the first day, the nights afterwards were pretty easy. As a routine, he woke up around 4am to request to go to toilet. Of course, we were praising him all the while, before he goes to sleep, when he woke us up to go to toilet, after he went to toilet, and in the morning after he woke up.


To my surprise, yesterday night (6th July) – he slept through the night without waking up until 7am. It seems like yesterday that whenever I took him out, I have to bring so many stuff along, his diapers, wet tissues, changed of cloths, small towel etc just in case he poo during our outings. I felt really proud of him, but at the same time, and I was feeling a little bit sad at the same time too that he has grown so much.

No comments: