Counting to her 2nd Birthday!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Counting to his 3rd Birthday!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, June 20, 2009

[Qi 1y3m; Xiang 2y5m] Trial Class at Musikgarten

We went for the trial class on yesterday, 7.30pm. It was a bit rushed for all of us, rushed back home, bath, took dinner, picked the kids from nanny's house and off we went to the class.

The centre is located on top of the shop lot, security system is very well. We had to ring the bell and they have a camera looking on the visitors before opening the gate for us to go upstairs.

I'm a bit taken aback by the size of the room, I think it's a bit small. But Friday night is a small class, and so it's OK. There's 8 pair of us (1 parent + 1 child). Maybe it's our first time, I too felt could not catch up with the class as they have a lot of short sessions.

Singing songs while waving hello (beginning of the class) and goodbye (end of the class), Clapping hands, stomping feet, playing a simple instrument (sorry for my poor knowledge, I don't know what's that called, something like hitting on 2 bars of steel), sliding a frog and making it jump with hand (that is fun for my kids), shaking 2 oval shakers, walking & running in circle with a soft hanky, jump in a circle when music stop, hitting 2 wooden rods, rocking on parent's embrace, sitting on parent's lap and bouncing, sang 3 tones following teachers (my kids kept quiet of course), all children holding hands and turn in circle. That's all I can remember so far and I may missed out some. All the sessions I mentioned were held with music, either playing from CD or the teacher sang.

As what I have predicted, Qi enjoyed more than Xiang, rocking, shaking, clapping hands etc.. Of course Xiang could do better in terms of teacher's instruction, but he had a serious look on his face while Qi was laughing more and doing the stuff she knew with enthusiasm. There were only 2 boys in the class, both I think did not really "enjoy" the class. Is it because of the gender factor?

For me, I think the class is ok ... a little below my expectations. Most I don't like is the size of the room, still I think it's a bit small. The teacher is very friendly and reminding us not to force the kids if they were not willing to follow.

Anyway, the fee for one month is RM75, there will be 4 family material packs needed to buy, one pack for 1 semester. Each pack is about ..... aisey, my memory really fading on me, I couldn't remember at all! Most probably I will sign up for both of them, but wouldn't buy the family packs until 2 months later or until I see that they enjoy the class.

Oh, forgot to mention about the art class, it's for kids above 2.5 years old, monthly fee is RM75 for Little Artist. 1 hour per session. Xiang kept on going into the art class and observing the kids doing the painting stuff when I was making enquiry. Maybe he likes art better???

No comments: