Counting to her 2nd Birthday!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Counting to his 3rd Birthday!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

[Qi 1y3m; Xiang 2y5m] Musikgarten

I have been long time considering of enrolling my kids in the music courses. I have been to Yamaha School of Music. First, they only accept kids 3.5 years old, my son is too young for it. Then, I am not very fond of the courses they offered and they are using organ as a teaching media (the centre near my house). I'm a much piano person and if my kids to learn up piano in future, they have to start all over again.

Then, I've stumbled across Musikgarten located near my house. They even accepted newborn! Both my girl Qi & son Xiang could be in the same class, under Program Family Music for Toddlers (16 months to 4 years old). This is a class whether toddlers to attend with their parents. The activities will be singing, moving, chanting, dancing, listening and playing simple instruments. The best is upon completion of their courses, the students are able to jump to Grade 2 of piano lessons.

Musikgarten originates from U.S.A. It is a revolutionary early childhood music education company designed to enable teachers to understand how children from birth to age 9 learn music. Musikgarten provides teachers with the tools to help a child grow musically, as well as emotionally, socially and cognitively.

The main problem is both of us (mom & dad) need to attend together with them since there's 2 of them. Each one of us attended to our kids separately. I should be no problem going back on time after work. I have foreseen daddy's busy schedule and I worried that he could not make it in some time. I do not think my kids will like to be with my new maid. Or should I enrol my son first? But I do not dare to left Qi behind with my new maid even for half an hour only.

Anyway, this Friday will be a free-trial class. After this class, I'll see how's their reactions toward it. I hope that it will be a stress-free class, I do not want them to worried about not practicing their lessons since they are just young toddlers. Any mummies have experience of enrolling your young toddlers in such classes before?

No comments: