Counting to her 2nd Birthday!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Counting to his 3rd Birthday!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 5, 2009

[Qi 1y3m] - first food poisoning experience

On Wednesday night (3rd June 2009), my hubby was working late and we went out for a late dinner at 9pm. Xiang & Qi shared a bowl of mushroom soup with buns. At 10.30pm, Qi was getting cranky and started to cry. She vomited after drinking her milk. I was carrying her at that time and managed to dash to toilet for most of the vomit, I saw lots of dark green leaves which I guess it's her dinner at nanny's house.

Afterwards, she managed to sleep. At 12.30am, I woke up from her soft crying and I saw my hubby already at her bed. I was usually a light-sleeper but I do not know why, I did not woke up earlier (feeling very guilty even until now). Gosh, she vomited again on her crib, with all the milk-stain all over her hair. I only knew then what the milk looks like after being processed in stomach - a flour-like white sticky thing and with an unbearable sour smell!!! We have no choice but bath her in the middle of the night. Afterwards, we let her slept with us and our nightmare came. She kept on vomiting until 3.30am. There is nothing left in her stomach and only yellowish color water came out. We were in dilemma whether to send her to emergency and then she just slept.

6am, she started to cry again and asking for milk. Half-way she was drinking her bottle, she started to vomit again. We tried so hard to take her bottle out from her mouth, but she was still sucking it. My heart felt so painful looking at her, she was so hungry but she kept on vomiting. Then the diarrhea came, 3 times and she passed out dark color leaves also. Everything we gave her, even water will come out from her little mouth. Her used-to-be round tummy was flattened.

On our way to clinic, she was saying "Bi bi ~~~ bi bi ~~~" We gave her everything, but she just shoved it away. Finally I realised she's referring to her water bottle, but again, half way through, she vomited every single drop of water in my car.

The paed asked us to observed her closely as she already has the sign of dehydration. She looked so tired and not energetic at all, and she did not pass urine all these while. If she continue like this, she need to be admitted. I was near to tears hearing this. I do not know which food went wrong, her nanny fish porridge with "choi yun" or the mushroom soup with bun.

We went home with all sorts of medicine and some lactose-free milk. She didn't even want to smile or played and wanted to be carried all the time. When I put her down, she can't even sit and will just lied down on the mattress. She was crying for her "Bi bi~~" (her water bottle - I don't know why she called that) all the time, but I could not gave her much or else she'll vomit out again. I guess she was really hungry and thirsty, even the medicine she walloped in a quick movement.

I was lucky that my second sister was here in KL for vacation, she rushed over to my house to help out. We had a quick lunch and decided to go to hospital. Qi as if knew she were to be dripped, she passed out urine and looks more energetic. So we just continue caring for her at home.

By thursday night, there's no more vomiting and diarrhea. But I still woke up at night to checked on her. I learnt my lessons and woke up on her every single sound, giving her 1 oz of water or 1 oz of lactose-free milk until I went off for work.

Just now (Friday 5th June 2009), I've just checked with her nanny, she's alright at the moment but cranky as well, with slight fever. She's recovering well but I wonder when I could see her rounded tummy again.

What a nightmare for me. Basically all the mattress in my house were wet yesterday and there's so many vomit-stained cloths (mine and Qi). My toilet smelled so horrible with the after-vomit. I was tired currently and even my hubby was feeling dizzy & vomited after the sleepless night. But I told myself I can't be sick as well because Qi needs me. She still needs my full attention tonight and on weekends.

2 comments:

cre8tone said...

get well sppedy ya!

Ai Peng said...

Qi is ok now, thanks ya!