Counting to her 2nd Birthday!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Counting to his 3rd Birthday!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 24, 2009

[Xiang 2y9m; Qi 1y7m] Lanterns Night

I still have so much work to do, but I wanted so much to write down the wonderful time spent in my hometown last weekend. Blogger sickness!
We went back to Ipoh on last Friday 18 Sep, we entered into Tapah rest area and were so surprise to receive our first ever Hari Raya Gift from The Lion Club.


The kids were so happy to meet each other again, all played crazily, laughing and running around. When one asked for milk, the others also followed.

On Monday night, my second sister took out the candles, lanterns and fireworks for the kids to play. We were so surprise to see that Xiang stepped back when my second sister lighted a fireworks stick for him. This was what he said:

不要吓我…. 我怕怕!” (Don’t frighten me … I’m scared!) He walked away so far whenever he saw the fireworks sticks being lighted up. I actually feel heart pain, coz I see the shadow of me in him. I am a very timid person; dislike all loud noises and horror movies. Xiang is just like me, sigh …

So he was playing with candles and lanterns all night. As long as he enjoyed himself, I don’t want to push him to accept the fireworks sticks.
Qi on contrary likes the fireworks sticks a lot! She kept on asking for more, and didn’t even want to play the lantern nor the candles anymore. I should go to pasar malam one of these days to buy more sticks for her.
It was a wonderful night, everyone of us, including adults enjoyed lighting up the candles and hanging up the lanterns. I hope that we could make another trip back to hometown again next week for the celebrations.

No comments: