Counting to her 2nd Birthday!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Counting to his 3rd Birthday!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 15, 2010

House Reno Progress

14 July 2010

My house finally going into renovation stage. I'm glad that I joined the community website, so much that I've learnt from there about the DOs & DONTs of renovations.

Current progress, hacking out the walls and this week start piling. Piling is extremely important and so far, my husband is happy with our contractor's job. As learnt from the community website, there's lots of contractors using short cut method, which means after they put the side beam / colums, they will brick up the walls and only build the top / horizontal beams. The accurate method is to construct the whole frame first which means side beam then top beam then only stick up the brick walls. I noticed most of the houses around my current area are using short-cut method too.

There's so many things that yet to buy, the important one are sinks and lightings because the contractor needs their size to do the table top and plaster ceiling holes. Oh not forgetting the air-cond and auto-gate. The less urgent one are bathroom accessories, sofa, dining table and mattress. Every weekend were occupied to survey the prices of such items. I'm looking forward to next week Malaysia Furniture & Finishing Fair. Hope that I could get a good bargain there.

No comments: