Counting to her 2nd Birthday!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Counting to his 3rd Birthday!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Haiz .... his elbow ....

This happened on last Wednesday, 5th Jan 2011.

I brought Xiang to a trial English class in the evening, but I think he's really not ready for it. He was clinging to me and crying non-stop. I called my husband and due to the weak phone signal, he decided to come and look at Xiang to try pursuading him.

After waiting for awhile, from the corner of my eye, I saw my husband coming from over the street, then he slipped and fell on the steps of the shoplots. At first I thought that it was a minor fall, but then I realised that he couldn't stand up at all.

His elbow was dislocated!!! His left hand was in a strange twist and he couldn't lift his hand at all. Gosh, until now I couldn't imagine such a simple fall and do such a nasty injury! With the help of a helpful and kind mom (whom daughter was in the English class), we rushed him to nearest emergency.

The nurse was already calling the operation room for emergency operation, but prior to that, they took my husband for X-ray. My husband was lucky in a way that the dislocated bone actually goes back to the joint, and so finally no operation was needed and he was put in an arm sling.

Luckily, no broken bones, only the tissues, muscles and ligamens were torned and injured. He was on the arm sling so that the ligamens can heal better, and the Orthopeadic finally approved him of removing the arm sling today. However, there's a series of physiotheraphy to go through since now he can't fully bend and can't straighten his left hand.

Oh a minor heart-warm moment for record, when Xiang first saw his daddy back from hospital, he was really sweet. He told his daddy to rest, and instructed that if his daddy needs anything, just tell Kakak to get it. I guess that my husband's pain immediately decreased 50% after hearing it.

No comments: